Vehicle Inspection and Training Services is based in Worcestershire and operates throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
VIATS has a network of dedicated inspection experts, Ex-DVSA Senior Vehicle Examiners and Ex-DVSA Technical Trainers based around the country. Our staff have over 30 years experience in extensive fleet maintenance programs to the highest standards including VOSA, DVSA, VI and DfT fleet management experience.
We are dedicated to keeping your fleet up to standard and can visit you wherever you are.
Our Promise to you
- To respect your company values
- Keep your fleet and processes compliant
- Pay personal attention to your operational needs
- To be the best at what we do
- Annual Testing standards in all classes of vehicle inc. re-writing the annual test manuals.
- MOT Technical Training for DVSA.
- Annual Inspection all classes of vehicles.
- SVA/IVA experience.
- Taxi testing.
- Vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Quality control and assessment of examiners - all vehicle types.
- Designated premises and ATF authorisation.
- Enforcement activity (all vehicle types).
- Roadside inspections, prohibition procedures and application of the 'Categorisation of Defects'.
- 'O' licensing requirements and obligations
- Setting up and authorising Vehicle Testing Stations - class 4,5 and 7, designated premises and ATF's.
- Central Government policy formulation and taking legislation through Parliament.
- Vehicle engineering and defect analysis.
- Technical training.
- Delivery of the NVQ in 'Professional Driving'.
- Driver CPC training.
- Our trainers are all qualified A1 assessors as a minimum
- IMI Accreditation.
We are confident that we have the experience to assist with any vehicle operation issue.
We have and continue to perform fleet inspections and maintenance reports for small operators and for well known multinational operators, both in the UK and overseas, also have performed due diligence reports for investors in the PCV industry. We have provided training to operators countrywide. Our trainers also deliver driver CPC courses.
About the owner
I'm Dani Rathke, and I qualified as a PCV engineer and electrician spending many years working on many makes of buses and pcv's, as well as periods with motor caravans and VW cars.
I joined VOSA and worked as a Vehicle Inspector, moving up to Professional and Technical Officer in the Midlands, before becoming a Technical Trainer in VOSA's training services branch.
I was based at Avonmouth training centre but also delivered different kinds of technical courses at the training centre in Manchester or at customers premises.
I started VIATS in mid 2011 in order to ensure that the Haulage and Passenger Transport trade still got the relevant information and training they need.
I have a number of qualifications in vehicle repair and maintenance, including being a fully qualified A1 assessor, and have delivered a range of different NVQ's.
In 2014 I also qualified as an IRTEC assessor.
I enjoy teaching and helping businesses keep compliant, which could be inspecting HGV/PCV or delivering the inspector courses to industry. I have been delivering as well as inspecting vehicles in Europe and the UK.
In my spare time I restore vintage cars.
Hi I'm Chris Davis previously I was employed by the DVSA as an MOT technical trainer until they closed the department. I worked for DVSA for 13 years firstly as a Vehicle Inspector, testing HGV and PSV then I moved up to PTO (like Dani) and joined the training department, delivering and developing the suite of training courses for MOT testers. I also had a spell on the MOT testing project when it moved from the VTS devices to the new system.
Prior to that I have worked for Volvo, Citroen UK, VW, Hyundai Car UK, and some independent garages, having been employed as service technician, MOT tester, workshop control, bodyshop technician, service management and technical trainer.
So all in all I've been involved with the motor industry for over 30 years in some form.
All that said and done I still like "messing about with motors" but my passion is power boats.
Vehicle Inspection and Training Services - Registered office:Unit C1, Astwood Bank Business Park, Astwood Bank, B96 6HH, Worcestershire