We are pleased to announce that VIATS have now been accredited as an approved ABC Awards training centre.
We at VIATS are pleased to announce that we now can offer IRTEC Training and Assessment for both HGV and PCV technicians, this includes the re-accreditation, please see our IRTEC page for further details.
We are pleased to announce that we now have a training facility centrally located in the West Midlands for MOT technical training courses, covering all of the Birmingham District and the surrounding areas, please see our MOT Garages page for more info.
We have a new member of the training team, Chris Davis formally of the DVSA technical training department has joined us to develop and deliver MOT training courses please see the about us page for more info.
IMI accreditation has now been successfully attained for the MOT technical training.
August 2015Safer Lorry Scheme
Less than 2 weeks and the new safer Lorry Scheme will coming into force in London.
Under the scheme, vehicle over 3.5t that are currently exempt will be required to:
- be fitted with class V and class VI mirrors giving the driver a better view of cyclists and pedestrians around their vehicles
- be fitted with side guards to protect cyclists from being dragged under the wheels in the event of a collision
The scheme will operate across London 24 hours a day, seven days a week, covering the same area as the Low Emission Zone. It will come into force on 1 September 2015.The scheme will be enforced by the Metropolitan Police, City of London Police and DVSA.
- drivers found to be in charge of non-compliant vehicle may be issued with £50 Fixed Penalty Notice
- the offence also carries a potential fine of £1000 at Magistrate's court
- the Traffic Commissioner, who has the power to modify or suspend operator licenses, will also notified of companies operating vehicles in breach of the scheme.